Joint Action on Cooperation between PROSAFE and the General Administration of Quality, Supervision and Quarantine (AQSIQ) of the People’s Republic of China in the Field of Consumer Product Safety 2
The Joint Action started in July 2013 and will run for 36 months. It is coordinated by PROSAFE. The project leader is the Netherlands. The participating countries are Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Spain and the United Kingdom.
The overall purpose of the Joint Action will be to increase the cooperation between the Chinese export control authorities and the European customs and market surveillance authorities. The aim is to decrease the share of unsafe products on the European
The Joint Action will explore three paths to achieve this:
- Alignment of the Chinese export control scheme with the European import control scheme to assure that both have the same output and quality.
- An information exchange scheme where the Chinese can share information about consignments that have been inspected from their end. If such information is found to be reliable and useful, it can be used to guide the European import control to focus on consignments that haven't been checked (and thus should contain more unsafe products).
- An information exchange scheme where the European authorities can share information about unsafe (Chinese) products so the Chinese authorities can trace them and mend the shortcomings at the source. (Such a system will complement the China-RAPEX system where similar information is exchanged on products posing a serious risk.)
The Joint Action will continue to work with Rotterdam as the pilot harbour (on request of the Chinese Authorities) using toys as the example product. However, the perspective should be wider to ensure that it will be possible to apply the findings to other product areas and to other European entry points.
- List of Criteria for Obtaining ATM Status
- Memo on the progress of the Joint Action following the meeting between AQSIQ, CIQ Shenzhen, NVWA and PROSAFE, 19 – 21 January 2016 in Shenzhen